Monday, May 16, 2011

3rd Letter

Hello, Lisa again. Here is the 3rd letter I received from Keith. It's short because it was inserted into an Anniversary card. We celebrated our two year Anniversary on May 2.


Reception Day7

For some reason everyone woke up dog-tired, but we moved quickly. However, my bay was squared away, but the other one was ate up horribly in terms of beds. I tried to help, but there were too many for me to try and help. In fact, some weren't even made yet.

We formed up and the ISG (First Sergeant) had us recite the Soldiers Creed, Army song, and General Orders a few times. Of course, she said it sounded "ate up."
DS Prick then asked for 20 people to come and clean up and move two offices around. The floors ended up needing to be mopped. I got that task and was able to shine. DS Prick actually told the group that how I was mopping is how you should do it. Thanks Giovanni.

We then  went to chow, and back to the reception loading to get our last haircut for BCT. For recruits, it costs $4.80 and came off of a pay card they issued us.
We got back and on DS had us busy cleaning. This included raking the clay dirt. I took this as it was kind of relaxing muck like a real zen garden with sand. After that, we went to chow. After chow they took us to the PX for the last time prior to BCT. A group of us had to go back and get our pay cards because of cleaning detail prior to chow. DS Short wasn't happy, but took us back. We then wanted 20 minutes in the A/C at classroom for the line at the PX to go down, so it worked out. At the PX, I bought a new ACU wallet, baby powder, dog tag silencers, some better pens, boot inserts, a card for my wife for our Anniversary, and a big Army brand travel duffel bag. I have to throw out my suitcase because I have to limit all of my stuff to my duffel and laundry bag. Thank you SSG WTF for the advice. I should have stuck with my back pack. Oh well, I really like this bag.

My group got back to the classroom and was told to watch TV or a movie. We tried to finish We Were Soldiers, but DS Prick came in and had a cow! He called and formation and bitched about the TV and the barracks. . He then had us fall in our barracks for an inspection. Of course it wasn't clean enough.

We did more formulations and went to chow. We had some new people in our group and we were warning them of things, I mentioned DS Prick to the newbies. We got back and finalized the processing and shipping procedures. The DS's were just cranky and were just yelling at us left and right.

We finally got released for the night. I got to call my lovely wife and my parents. I packed some things up, did laundry and now I am going to bed. I ready for tomorrow and what it hold. Hooah!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you finally made it to reception :) It's funny now reading your entries, reception and basic seems like so long ago...lol. Good Luck and keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete