Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Space Shuttle Roll Out and a Weekend of Light Debauchery

Monday: Was somewhat of a lazy day. Because of playing football the day before, I was feeling somewhat sore. I did mange to get to a personal training session with the trainer I mentioned previously; The Latin Hulk. Here is what he had me do:
1. 3 sets of 15 X Upright row, 20 X Inclined Push-ups, and 15 X Dips:





2. 3 Sets: 15 X Cable Face Pull, 15 X Tricep Pull Downs, and 15 X Bicep Pulls:
3.  3 Sets: 10 X Front Raise, and 10 X Lateral Raise:
  
4. 3 Sets 10 X Preacher's curl

5. 3 Sets: 20 X Upper Trap Shrugs


Tuesday: I feel like a total and utter bum! The soreness from football did not get any better! On top of that, The Green Hulk's arm punishment has left my arms sore as well. I should not complain too much, because I found some exercises that actually caused me to push it past my limit. I guess that I needed to stretch more. Due to aches, I decided to take things a little easier. I just did some tasks related to getting my taxes in order so my wife and I can file. 

Wednesday: Today I decided to go to FS PT even though I am still a little sore from prior days. Because I am alternate PG and the regular PG could not make it, I was in charge of stretching all the other FSs. PT was not crazy. It was strenuous. SSG Capcom had us doing a circular formation and doing various exercises. We did have SSG Lime show up and start punishing the bums. What it showed me is that in the Army, you have NCOs that take their job serious, and very serious. Nothing wrong with either person, but it can be a little confusing with differing expectations. I believe will be able to adapt and succeed though.

Thursday: In order to not go insane with the lack of work till I start my career with the Army, I am participating in some activities with some networking friends. One of my friends runs a weekly video to update or discuss the East Orlando area. Here is the video if you care. There are some good little credit tips by the way.


Turned out to be a bust for PT at the recruiting station. I got to the recruiting station along with a few other FSs. Because of some mis-communication between recruiters, our recruiter to run PT was not at the station to run in time. So it was canceled. I used some of my A/V skills to fix the TV in the office and give it sound and played the America's Army game for the XBOX 360. I decided to make it a rest day for the week and not workout.
Also, due to the canceled PT, I was able to take my time in driving to Brevard and meeting up with my father to ride over and see the Space Shuttle Endeavor roll out of the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB). This was quite possibly the last Space Shuttle to be launched, so it was very bitter sweet for my family. I grew up with my father working on the main engines of the shuttle and seeing the launches since the age of 3. Here are some pictures:

If you look closely, you can see the shuttle inside to the right, and then to the left you can see launch mission control.
My father and I!


Friday: Met with the Spanish Hulk again this morning. This time he really punished my lower body. What is amazing is that I showed up 10 minutes late, and he still managed to make it hard for me to walk out of the place. The workout consisted of: 3 sets of 15 reps of Squats and 20 walking squats. Then 3 sets of leg extensions3 sets of leg curls, and 3 sets of 15 squat jumps (Those were horrible!) Then finished with 3 sets of calf raises. I couldn't even think about doing anything on the treadmill after that.

After that, I was able to drive up to Daytona Beach with a friend of mine to go and spend the evening with another friend of ours we have not seen in a while.

Saturday/Sunday/Monday: This weekend I drove over to Brevard to hang out with some friends of mine that I have not had a chance to see much in the last 5 years. We were partners in crime at Publix while working in Cocoa. Here are some pictures. I am being brief as to what he did and how much debauchery we participated to protect the innocent. 
Kevin and I boating
On the left is Chuck and Kevin
Someone in our group disagreed with a stripper, and this was a result.


No comments:

Post a Comment