Monday, March 28, 2011

An Award From my Future Boss

Was a busy week!

Wednesday: My sister flew in this morning. She is in the Air Force and was on leave. She decided to fly in as a secret to my parents to surprise them for my father's birthday on Saturday. I came back from picking her up and decided to catch up on some sleep before going to FS PT. My sister decided to come with and get some PT in as well. We were a little disappointed to find out we were not going to be running as I had not ran since my 5k run on Saturday. However it was fun to play a little extreme football. The rule was that if either team fumbled or dropped the ball, that they would have to get on the ground and do either push-ups or sit-ups. All in all it was a great team building session while at the same time, we got some light PT.



Thursday: Was lots of fun for the most part. After hanging out at the pool for a little but with my sister, we headed over to the recruiting station for some FS PT. I was expecting to take a PT test but those plans were shot down after some disagreements between some of the recruiters. The whole situation was rather annoying because my wife and sister tagged along to help cheer me along. Instead, they got to watch SSG Lime go over some concepts that a lot of us already know, and march us around. Very nice.

After mock PT, the three of us went to a place called Caddyshanks for the 2011 Kickoff and Appreciation Social. This was a great event that I had been looking forward to for the last month or so. At this event we were hoping to meet and get to know new volunteers as well as celebrate the achievements of the chapter last year. In addition, a few of us were being presented with the Bronze and Silver Presidential Service Awards. I found it to be very cool to receive a presidential pin, and certificates from the President.



For more pics and info on the event, be sure to check out our Facebook page here.

Friday/Saturday/Sunday: The weekend consisted of me taking my sister over to Brevard to surprise both of my parents for my father's 50th birthday party. It was a great time for all. I DJed the event and got to surprise my father!

No comments:

Post a Comment