Monday, April 4, 2011

NTM...

As the subject says, not to much to report this week. No crazy parties, no out-of-town family, or extreme training.

Tuesday: Went to FS PT Tuesday. It was the last time I got to hang out with SSG Lime before leaves the recruiting business and goes back to doing his regular Army work. Him and SSG Capcom made it memorable. To start off the fun assembled in the parking lot in front of Target. They then had us do a series of shuttle run type exercises. This included sprints, high leg, lunges and others. What was a lot of fun was that we then did some firemen and chair carries. What was amusing was that the two heaviest guys, including me, got to carry probably one of the skinniest and smallest guy, and then he helped carry us. I really wish I could have taken a picture. SSG Capcom the had us do some level 1 or 2 drills to finish off the day. 

After FS PT, I raced home to shower and change and get my wife and I down to the Hard Rock Live at Universal Orlando for the Video Games Live. If you have never heard of this it is a gaming nerd's dream. It is a full orchestra and choir that played the music to video games. The night was great with the exception of the loud mouth screaming girl behind us. When intermission, or pause happened, we promptly moved back and away! We were there more for my wife than me. Most people assumed it was the other way around.
Wednesday: The rain basically ruined the rest of the week, starting with Wednesday. SSG Capcom told me to stretch the group out. I go outside and it's raining. I go back inside and ask SSG Capcom what is the protocol for rain is in this situation. He then tells me to go bring everyone back inside the office. When I go back outside, the rain stops and everyone was motivated enough to stretch anyways. So I stretch them, and SSG Capcom came out and started informing us that he was going to have us doing 2-3 minute explosive exercises. He got to a point where he said that "2 minutes is a long time". My reply was "my wife does not think so". I could not help myself! SSG Capcom tried his best not to smile or laugh and pointed to the ground and told me to find out how long 2 minutes was with push ups. Shortly thereafter, the rain started coming down, and come down hard. He then had us go back inside and assemble around him where he put together an impromptu class on first aid. I had give SSG Capcom kudos on doing some productive training on the fly and making it interesting.

Thursday: Thursday was basically ruined due to the rain. It rained all day! Obviously there was no FS PT that day. I did some research on the new PT and soldier test that the Army will be implementing later and replacing the current 2-2-2 Army Personal Fitness Test. Here is a video of what to expect:
Friday: April Fools! Both the Army and myself got into the action. First I read that the Army was going to be going to changing the hats that soldiers would be wearing to the Stetsons hat. I have to admit that I read and believed it for a second and assumed it had something to do with it being April 1st. Click here to see the link. I also helped film this week's Rick and John's Weekend Update:
But that was the jist of this not so crazy week!

No comments:

Post a Comment