Sunday, January 9, 2011

Contemplations on a Lazy Sunday

The last couple of days have been somewhat mixed. I have debating on a time and/or date to leave my current employer. Because I am on a commission style type job, my income can vary from month to month, or stop all together. It is quite confusing to understand the structure of my pay for my position, so I will not attempt to confuse you as well. Lets just say that technically, I am not making any money as of right now.

The hardest part of me  leaving will be the fact that I will have to tell my immediate manager. She is the person that potential in me two years ago and decided to help me out of depths of the Publix Deli. She has done a lot for me since then. This includes taking me to lunch, taking the extra step to make sure that I got paid on time, moral and emotional topics, and more. The few confidants in the office that know I have joined the Army tell me that I will more than likely make her very unhappy to say the least. But, she of all people should understand that a person has to do what a they have to do for themselves and/or family. I hope that she understands that this path is a long held dream of mine and what this means to me. She is one of the strongest women I have known; human much less. She has more drive, gall, and confidence than any other person that I have had the pleasure of working under. I guess what I am trying to say is that I feel like I owe her something. I hope that I can make it up to her at some point in the future. I was thinking about quiting this coming week. However, I was informed the coming week is her birthday, and would not want to ruin that for her. So maybe the week after.

Moving on, this weekend my wife and I have had the pleasure of her cousin moving into our already cramped apartment. She will be attending UCF again this semester and wanted to drive a lot less semester. Being that my wife and I were under a tight budget, this seemed like a good fit. She's a pretty cool person with similar interests to my wife and I, so I think it will be fun. On another note, I changed the oil today in my car without alerting the leasing office. We are not allowed to do any car maintenance on the premises. I would rather get a warning then have Wal-Mart screw up my car again.

By the way, I will try to leave a little bit of media on my posts to try and make this more interesting. Maybe get a feel for my whacked sense of humor. 
 
This is not short but kinda creative I thought.


Well I will see if the wife's cousin wants to check out bike trail by our apartment. Bye bye.
 

PS. My heart and prayers go out to the families of Rep. Gifford and her staff who were shot yesterday. I hope there is no political blame games for this heinous act, only healing efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment