Thursday, January 6, 2011

GOTTA LOVE THAT PT, PT, GIVE ME SOME MORE

I was up so early yesterday and went to the gym that by the time I got home yesterday, I crashed with out setting the alarm on my phone this morning. Needless to say, I got to sleep in. After doing some work at the office today, I made my way over to he recruiter's office and waited for us to ride over to Blue Jacket Park and do some preparatory PT one or more of the recruiters. This usually happens on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Only about 4 people showed up today because of some mis-communication among the FS (Future Soldier - Enlistees who have gone through basic) Leadership.  Had some new faces today. The recruiter that signed me up ran the session today. I like it when he is there, because he tries to make as realistic as possible compared to basic training. 

The had us do the standard stretching and had us do some push ups, flutter kicks, sit ups, and some others. After that, he had us doing some running. It was not too bad. Since the last FS PT, I have improved pretty well. However, there was one new guy. Look like a younger guy who just joined has not done much running. He kept up for a a little bit, but then he just lost all energy. We tried to motivate and help him along, but to no avail. About a half mile in to our run, he crashed. He could not run, barely stand and then began to throw up. The recruiter came back with the other guys and kept and walked with him while he told the rest of us to run the rest and come back and meet us. The then proceeded to have us sprint. Then when I though it was done, he has doing some lunges, and then some more fun exercises. By this time, my chest was cramping. Then more flutter kicks, more push ups, and then we were done. Felt great though. I need more of this. 


Anyways, now I will go to the gym do a little swimming and the whirl pool.


Hooah!

No comments:

Post a Comment