Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What not to say to an NCO...

= Fun PT!



Thursday: Not too much to report on the work scene except now I have changed directions at work. This basically means that I am going from trying to stir up my own business to organizing and supplementing others’ business. Due to the fact that I am the youngest person in the office, it translates into me being the person people come to the most in the office for computer and technology issues. That is why I am will be doing some data entry for a couple of the agents in the office. It will give me some income in a no paycheck situation as of right now.
I found out the hard way that one of the other FS’s decided to tell one the recruiters on Wednesday that the PT was a little weak. This recruiter mentioned this comment to the recruiter (Who we will call SGT. Carolina) as a constructive way and not in a negative way. However, SGT. Carolina took it in a negative way. My expectations of easy day of soccer and having a little team fun went right out the camo window. I did not know what to expect until I got out of the car and saw SGT. Carolina directing the FS’s unloading sandbags out of the GOV (Government Owned Vehicle). SGT Carolina had us do a few running drills with the bags. We then got to have fun with new exercises that we will get to do at BCT. By the end of the day I felt good! I am starting to like the workouts rather look negatively on them.

Friday: Due to the makeup PT on Thursday, my legs and arms were both a little to tender and/or tight. My personal trainer decided to focus on the core after doing my monthly measurement check. The moth before, all of my numbers went up, including my weight. This month, my weight, neck, and waist stayed the same. My calves, legs, arms and chest grew. Also, my shoulders got smaller. I believe that I am moving in the right direction. Back to the core…She had me do as many situps as I could in 2 minutes. Then do raised planks, then planks where I lowered and raised myself from my hands and forearms. Then had me do side planks, and pulse the side planks. She had me do 3 sets. I felt good after that.  Nothing too much other than going to a fraternity rush toga party that night. That made me feel like an old man watching 18 year old run around drunk. WHHHEEEEWW!

The Team

Saturday:  Saturday was crazy fun! After shaking the cobwebs out of my head from the toga party, I made my way over to Boardwalk Lanes for the Bowl-A-Thon put on by WJRR. I decided to put a team together and try to have some inexpensive fun. After some last minute cancellations I just barely got my optimally-fun team together. We drank some beer, bowled, drank beer, and hung out with Taco Bob and Pat Lynch. What I did not expect was that I won the complete set of Back To The Future on Blu-Ray (I guess I can convince the wife to let me get a Blu Ray player now J) and a Squier Stratocaster guitar signed by the Sick Puppies! Much needed fun!
The Team...
The guitar...

Sunday: Was more of a leisure football day with both of my families. Spent most of the day with the wife seeing my parents and then with her family to watch both of the league championships. Nothing really to report.
Monday: Uneventful for the most part. I did some paperwork for another agent to get some applications in on time before a deadline. I left the office to go do a “Boot Camp” Class around 5:45. This class is in no way similar to actual basic training. However, it is a well-rounded class of exercises the covers the lower and upper body that keeps the heart rate moving. My only problem with this particular class is that it does not do much for the abs. This lead to me doing 100 crunches afterwards before going home.
Tuesday: Met with the trainer at 7am and had some upper body fun. She did some heavier chest, bicep, and tricep work. She then punished my core by doing what she called suicides. This meant doing about 5 different kinds of crunches and then some planks. Multiply by this twice and makes you feel sexy and tired.

2 comments:

  1. SO I bet you had a lot of fun with the sand bags. We had 2 hours on 3 different days in San Antonio's amazing heat with them damn things, the whole time yelliing "We will work as a team." I hated life and my TI then but it's so funny now.
    Also I'm so jealous of your sunday!! I wish i could just relax with mom and dad. :( I'll be home 18-23 Feb !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you'll be all set for BCT! :)

    ReplyDelete