Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A weight lifted...

The last week has been interesting. Last week I decided to take to follow the training schedule set forth in many of the running schedules I have read, and that would mean to take last week off from running to prevent injuries and do biking or swimming. I did neither. I used the elliptical for most of the week. I did run a little bit on Thursday with the other future soldiers in Winter Park.

The weekend was enjoyable. I was able to make it over to see my mother who happens to be a massage therapist. She did a little work on some sore muscles that were a result of the personal training session from Friday. I then got to have dinner with my parents at a local Mexican restaurant; La Bambas. Not bad, except I had the Camarones a la Diablo and the cook decided not to peel the shrimp. Errr! After that I went to go and hang out with my in-laws. They have had some unpleasant excitement recently and wanted to go hang out with them. I then took my wife's sister's husband to Beef O'Bradys to watch the Steelers and Ravens game. He needed to get out of the house, due to the fact that he had been the brunt of the unpleasant excitement.

Monday was low key. Was going to do some biking a long the Little Econ Greenway, but the rain all day kind of ruined those plans. I then waited for the wife to get home and went with her to the gym. I ran for about 20mins and walked briskly for another 10 on the treadmill. I then worked the legs out. Felt good.

Tuesday, met with my personal trainer in the morning and spent all day at the Champions Gate Golf Club for my company's agency meeting. Got to listen to Glenn Toby. He is the manager/agent for many NFL players and R&B stars. This included LL Cool J and R. Kelly. He was a very inspirational speaker and genuinely cares about people. If your interested in learning more about him check him out at here. The evening was exciting because I decided to head out to some of my former softball team mates softball game with the TMG Team. I just happened (insert sly sarcasm) to bring my equipment. The team just happened to be able use one more guy. Meaning I got to play! I managed to get a single, run, and RBI. We lost, but if we had one more inning, probably would have finished our comeback.

Today happened to be the highlight of the week thus far. I made the decision to tell my managing associate about my pending career change. I had no idea what to expect. As mentioned previously, she is an awesome manager and has helped me so much since joining the company. It turned out a lot better than I thought. I have a sneaking suspicion that she had an idea of my plans or at least expected it. She was incredibly cool with it and understood my ambitions. What amazed me was the fact that she was ready to figure out ways for me to make some money between now and when I go to basic. We ended up sitting and chatting for about 45 minutes in regards to the military. She made me promise not to get killed or blown up. I will be more than happy to oblige.

I then went and did some PT with the future soldiers. Not a bad workout, about a easy to medium level.

I will now maintain this blog a lot more now that I can post it to Facebook and not worry about sharing with it with work friends.

 I am posting this video because I found this song very inspirational and thought it was fitting about my future.

HOOAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment